Honoring home building's young leaders.
(By Mike Beirne, Senior Editor and Michael Chamernik, Associate Editor- Professional Builder Magazine. Click HERE
for full article.)
An Eagle Scout, professional dancers, and a former hotel manager are among this year’s array of home building superstars picked as 40 Under 40 winners by the editors of Professional Builder. Once again, several honorees cited surviving the great recession as one of their proudest achievements, while many others were notable for not only starting their companies but for also launching and growing more than one business during the recovery.
In addition to owners and principals, this class includes managers, team leaders, and associates who stood out as innovators because they found creative ways to cut overhead and enhance customer relationships; some even innovated by inventing apps or algorithms to simplify complex functions. Off the clock, these professionals are fighting blight, building homes for disabled veterans, mentoring low-income youth, and giving back to their communities by volunteering their many other services and talents. We proudly present our 40 Under 40 Class for 2017.
Hillary Bonham, 27
• BA, Sociology and Religion, Furman University; MS, Real Estate, Georgetown University
• Licensed real estate professional
• Bonham (at right), led Goodall Homes’ application process for the National Housing Quality Award and won silver in 2015 • Worked as a member of the acquisition team after Goodall Homes was bought by Clayton Homes in 2016 • Conducts land acquisition analysis and purchases new sites
• Member of the Urban Land Institute, Sumner Association of Realtors, and Retire Sumner • Participates in several community service and charity groups, including Second Harvest Food Bank and the Acorn Society
• Wants to inspire others who have Type 1 diabetes
Rachel Overall, 39
Director of Marketing
• BA, Business Administration; MBA, University of Tennessee at Martin
• Progressed from newspaper ad executive developing campaigns for more than 50 builders to the marketing director for Nashville’s largest builder • Expanded Goodall’s philanthropic efforts by partnering with Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee to launch the Hunger Free Summer campaign • Built two mortgage-free homes with Operation Finally Home for disabled veterans. The second home was given to an army sergeant and his family during halftime of a Tennessee Titans game
• B of D member for My Friend’s House, which helps young men transition from foster care to a forever home
Off the Clock
• Cross country and cheer team coach • Half marathons