Working under the direction of the VP of Development and Development Manager, he/she will assist in developing new communities, while working closely with Sales, Construction and Finance teams at Goodall Homes. He/she will collaborate with officials from local municipalities and utility companies, professional consultants and land development contractors as well as communicating daily with homebuilding project managers. With emphasis on takeoff and budgeting of jobs, to field management of land development activities and the assurance that schedules are maintained, that quality control is adhered to, and that projects are completed within prescribed budgets.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Manager’s duties:
- Coordinate the work flow and activities of project specific land development field operations (lot and amenity construction), including inspections.
- Schedule and supervise survey crews and material testing personnel for rough grading, infrastructure installation, final lot grading.
- Be able to perform cut and fill analysis and quantity takeoffs to estimate a construction project.
- Assist in the management of construction contracts.
- Assist with project planning, scheduling, budgeting, quantity takeoffs and cost analysis.
- Coordinate land development activities with power, gas, telephone, cable companies.
- Assist in the preparation of bid packages and solicit bids for infrastructure and amenity features construction.
- Review project drawings for omissions/errors; collect as built drawings.
- Assist in ensuring that all project sites are in compliance with regulatory agencies, including TDEC, TDOT, OSHA, EPA.
- Assist in the obtaining of project approvals and permits.
- Assist in the timely reduction and/or termination of project infrastructure bonds and/or letters of credit.
- Coordinate and execute the completion of project punch lists.
- Manage SWPPP activities and compliance.
- Assist in approving contractor invoices.
- Making sure all “Going Green” checklist items are complete and lots are ready to be turned over to construction department.
- And other duties or special assignments on an as needed basis.
Reporting & Tracking:
- Update the Letter of Credit calculation Matrix and provide a monthly written and oral report to the executive management team.
- Update the Construction Schedules (weekly)
- Implement, update and maintain the development estimating database
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4year college degree with preference in engineering and/or construction management or equivalent experience
- Development and Engineering experience preferred
- Microsoft Office Experience – specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and Publisher
- Estimating software and database management experience
- Detail Orientated
- Must possess great organizational skills
- Able to work with the public in a cooperative, professional and friendly manner
- Must submit to personality profiling and random drug testing